Your Application was Approved, What's next?
At Valiant the majority of our owner's require tenants to hold Renters Insurance so as a company we are strongly recommending it for all residents.
WHEN YOUR APPLICATION IS APPROVED
PAYMENT OF RESERVATION FEE (a.k.a Security Deposit):
Once your application is approved, you will be notified by our staff and will be required to pay your reservation fee within 72 hours. Your reservation fee is equal to your security deposit. This fee is used to hold the property for you until you move in. Once your reservation fee is received and the lease is executed, the property will be removed from the rental market. The reservation fee will become your security deposit (on the date of possession notated on your rental agreement). In the event you decide to not move into the property, for any reason, this fee is non-refundable.
TENANT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SETTING UP UTILITY SERVICES:
Once your application has been approved and your possession date is scheduled, if you have not done so already, please schedule utilities to be turned-on or transferred into your name on your lease commencement date. Our FREE concierge Utility Service, Citizen Home Solutions, may be contacting you by phone to help you setup your utilities. This is a FREE service to assist you with connecting utilities, cable and internet according to your area. If you have not heard from Citizen Home Solutions and would like to use their services, please go to: http://myfreeconnection.com/valiantrealtypm/
Please be aware that it is *your responsibility* to ensure your power, gas, water etc. have been connected into your name by the start date of your lease agreement. This will ensure that there are no disruptions o the utility services when you move in.
In the case of damage to the unit, the owner has insurance to cover the structure. Renter's Insurance covers your belongings and guests. Click on the link to learn more about the great program our Resident Portal offers once you become a Valiant resident. When you choose to use the provided insurance you have several policy options to choose from, you can pay it along with your rent and have peace of mind. Please feel free to shop around if you prefer coverage with another company Valiant will need the policy information you purchase prior to move in.
RESIDENT BENEFITS PACKAGE
The Valiant Realty & Management Resident’s Benefits Package provides savings and convenience through the following professional services for all residents:
- Utility Concierge Services → We’re here to help make sure you get the best value on your utilities and that connection is a breeze.
- One-time Waived Late or NSF Fee → Things happen! We’ll forgive one (1) late fee or NSF fee per lease term for eligible residents. (valued up to 10% of the monthly rental payment)
- Multiple payment options → We’ll accept payments in a variety of ways to ensure it is as convenient as possible. Choose from Portal access, Bill pay, bank transfer, mail it in, or or in person at our office.
**credit card available with add'l processing fee at time of payment
- Online portal → Access your account and documents, report maintenance concerns, and contact our office easily through your online portal.
- Vetted vendors → We ensure all technicians sent to your home are reputable, licensed, and insured for any and all repairs. Our vendors understand the importance of providing prompt maintenance and quality service.
- Verification of rental history (VOR) → We understand that our residents may decide to purchase a home or need a verification of rental history for a variety of reasons. Our team will provide this information, at no charge and in a timely manner, when requested by your lender or future landlord.
- No admin fees → It is important to us to provide an affordable experience for our residents. Enjoy waived lease startup fee, leasing fee, renewal fee, and document fees!
- Homebuying assistance → We can make professional referral connections to other real estate licensees, who can get you prepared for your home purchase!
- Home Assistance/ Maintenance Coordination → We want your rental experience to be a delight, treating you with the respect and attentiveness you deserve. Calling our dedicated maintenance line available 24/7/365 or through your Resident portal, we can ensure your request will be addressed in a very timely fashion. When dealing with a maintenance emergency regarding your home, we want to provide you with an immediate response 24/7/365. Weekend, holidays, or middle of the night, to have the help you need.
The RB Package cost is $ 24.00 per month, can be paid when rent is paid and is opt-in only. The services and payment listed are separate from Resident’s monthly rent payment and all other payments.
MOVE IN PROCEDURES:
At Valiant, we go above and beyond to memorialize the condition of the property at the time of move in. We utilize the services of a third party inspection company to provide a move in condition report.
To offset the cost of the move in inspection there is a one time $150.00 Move In Inspection fee, again the report is prepared by an independent third party inspection company and will be made available to residents shortly after move in. This fee does not include the application fee, any pet fees or the security deposit.
We find the move out process to be perhaps the most stressful part of a move for the residents, and the opportunity for disputing damages and cleaning at the time of move out is high, when you depend on just a move in/move out checklist. The importance of the photos protects your security deposit deductions from pre-existing condition charges, it protects the owner's property so there is clear and convincing evidence of its original condition and it protects our reputation. It is a win win for all involved.
It is our goal to give all of our residents every opportunity to maximize their security deposit refund and we believe the move in process plays a crucial role.